According to the most recent studies, people with hereditary neuropathy due to mutation of MFN2 (CMT2A, both in its classical form and in its clinical variants ) should be about 20% of people with Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease type 2, equal to a few thousand people in Europe and the USA.
However, very few cases are diagnosed and patients are not in contact with each other, nor is there a national register of these patients.
We want to:
- seek, know and connect patients
- act as a “bridge” between patients and scientific research
- offer links to the most important publications, indicate the name and address of the research sites and research centres
- create and update a scientific database
- promote and encourage the formation of groups, associations, medical scientific projects
Visit us on www.progettomitofusina2.com